We're Tax Specialists!
Why Proper Documentation Matters?
Accurate tax preparation requires attention to detail and the gathering of essential documents. The information you provide plays a crucial role in maximizing your returns and complying with tax regulations. To make this process as seamless as possible, we’ve outlined the key documents you’ll need to send or bring when filing your taxes.
How to Use This Guide?
This guide is designed to help you navigate the complexities of tax preparation. Each section provides detailed information on the documents required for different aspects of your financial situation. Whether you’re a first-time filer or a seasoned taxpayer, our goal is to make this process transparent and straightforward.
IMPORTANT TAX DOCUMENTS
- List of essential income documents to bring, such as W2s, W2Gs, 1099s, SSA statements, etc…
- Driver’s license.
- Social security cards.
- Date of birth for all persons to be listed on the return.
- 1095-A, 1095-B and/or 1095-C
- Child care information Provider name, address, FEIN or Social Security #, and amount paid)
- Dates moved to the resident state
Previous Tax Return
- Copy of the previous year’s tax return.
- Health insurance information if not covered.
- Tuition/education expenses (1098-T and out-of-pocket costs for books, fees, etc.).
- Educators’ out-of-pocket supplies paid.
- Tuition, books, fees for K-12 students.
- Student loan interest.
- Retirement contributions (paid out of pocket).
- Alimony paid/received if established before 2019
- Moving expenses paid (for active duty military only).
- Estimated taxes paid to IRS and state.
- Home office deductions (if you regularly see clients)
Since 1995, ATSI has been preparing my financial statements, 1099s and tax returns. As a business owner and investment property owner, I feel they always do a thorough job, ask me questions to see if things have changed from year to year and give me a clean return.